Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The Shop Lewes


Store front, Uhh no sign. That really makes it so stealth it is like treasure hunting!






This is one of my favorite shops located in Lewes, East Sussex, England. I know most of you guy won't get a chance to go to Lewes but they have a few nice Antique stores. Liz and her husband started this store about 4 years ago and they have impeccable taste in French farm house style accessories. These photos are taken by my husband during the holidays and I am just getting to them. If you want to go visit them this is their info. The Shop, 12a Malling Street, Lewes, England, BN7 2RD 44 (0)1.273.486.822. Unfortunately they don't have a website, but this makes them even more special and not so common. A real treasure!

7 comments:

LISEN said...

Lovely shop. Lovely blog :-)

Anna Spiro said...

Wow Dana - this place looks fantastic! Thanks for sharing!
XX
Anna

Uncle Beefy said...

Oh Dana! Aren't you sweet. Don't be embarrassed...people feel the need to send me lavish gifts all the time so no need to fight the urge. The chandelier will be such a nice addition to the studio. Just make sure they pack it well. ;)

Seriously, that chandelier is ah-mazing! What a wonderful looking shop! Dreamy. Sigh.

Anonymous said...

What a stunning chandelier!! lovely shop :-)

cotedetexas said...

beautiful, just beautiful blog.

OK, I added your link, add mine!! :)))

www.cotedetexas.blogspot.com

thanks!

Unknown said...

I'm going to Lewes with you next time and we are shopping here. Hopefully by then I'll have found my sugar daddy so I can decorate my house appropriately...with this chandelier!

closed account said...

Just popped in to ay Hi, enjoyed your post on the English Shop, photos are amazing, as is the chandellier!....
Here inScotland we also have many of these kind of shops, pretty amazing little Island of antiquities we are, but New York, well, that's just a dream for me!
Anyway just to say nice blog, I found it from the yorkies search, as yet have still to find your post on them, but will pop back again,
regards , Kath from Scotland..